Monday, June 27, 2011

Bittersweet Weekend

Monday morning and I'm getting ready to start laundry and some cleaning up around the condo.  It's was the busiest weekend we've had in a while and I was reminded again of what great family and friends we have.   We didn't stop from Friday through last night at midnight but it was worth every crazy minute.

We had dinner with new friends on Friday night.  Sarge met the husband in a class he's taking for work on firearms instruction.  The two guys were scary in how similar they are and I enjoyed the dinner a lot.  I think this will be a good match, it can be tough to find good couples friends, especially ones who understand shift work, husbands who carry guns and how to keep a sense of humor about all of it.  I really enjoyed dinner and there was a lot of laughing!

Saturday we went to pick up Sarge's nephew and then met up with friends at a nearby .  We had a blast playing mini golf, laser tag and driving go-karts.  We have known some of these people since high school (Sarge more than me) and it was great to see how these friendships have continued into adulthood.  I know I'll be included in stuff even when Sarge is away and that's invaluable.  I have learned in the last 2 years that I don't really LIKE to go to events by myself but that it's way better than sitting home alone!


Okay, so my family is awesome.  I know that I am biased but they really are great.  My parents and sisters threw a going away party for Sarge last night.  The food was outstanding as always (my family loves food) and my entire local family was there.  They kept the day upbeat instead of mopey and really got into the spirit.  My sisters bought all camouflage decorations and even the dessert was red, white and blue had candles shaped like tanks and Army stars. They are too cute!  My family then gave Sarge a portable DVD player and season 1 of The Walking Dead to take with him.  He loves that show and just about anything involving zombies.  My family really loves him and supports his service.  I only wish I had remembered to bring my camera...I have NO pics from yesterday!

I had a mini-breakdown last night; I realized that all the parties and get togethers are saying goodbye.  I have to work to keep from crying constantly, it's no good for me or for Sarge.  I am making a huge effort to stay positive and not be a wreck.  I know this is part of being an army wife, some days are just better than others...

No comments:

Post a Comment