Friday, June 24, 2011

Next stop...

We are now less than 2 weeks from life's next big adventure. In July I will be driving the hubby down to base for his deployment.  I have known for a while that this is coming but I can't say that I am thrilled about it.  I know that in the long run this deployment is going to be good for us and Hubby wants to go but I am NOT ready yet.  I don't know that I would ever "be ready" to spend a year with minimal communication and knowing he is putting himself in a dangerous spot but I'm doing my best to close.  I am focused on planning what to send him, when to do it and how to keep busy while he's gone so I don't get mopey.

We will be spending the next 2 weeks with as many friends and family as we can manage.  We have a couple barbeques, a paintball day and who knows what else.  Our goal is to have fun but make sure that we make some alone time for ourselves as well.  We have been out with friends or had friends over the last 4 nights.  Tonight is date night, yay!!  Now it's just time to decide where/what we're going to do.  Any suggestions?

Happy Last Day of School!!

No comments:

Post a Comment