Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let the adventures begin!

Hi all!

The last few months of my life have been really busy and wonderful so it's time to start a new blog to go along with my new life as an army wife and police wife.  We have an eventful year ahead of us, though I am hoping this blog will last beyond that.  I think I'll use this space to talk about what's going on in my life, what it's like to be married to a policeman/soldier, and my adventures in the kitchen.  I'll start with a quick recap of how I got to be where I am today...

It was a whirlwind engagment, we planned and hosted our wedding only 2 months after getting engaged.  Thanks to army (more on that in a later post) we were on the fast track.  We are also a little older so there was no reason to wait.  I have to say that a short planning time was probably the best for me, I didn't have time to go back and second guess every choice I made along the way.  The day was perfect and I really did marry my best friend. 

It was an absolutely perfect night, minus the torrential rains and occasional flooding of roads.  You can't ask for more than to be surrounded by family and friends.  And...I wore GREAT shoes!

We followed up the wedding with a quick mini-moon in Philadelphia.  It was exactly what we needed after the hectic wedding weekend.  We got a chance to just "be us."  We walked everywhere for the 3 days and saw and ate so many things.  I may have to do a post on just that trip soon.

These days I am finishing up my school year and a graduate class along with many social engagements.  We have events planned almost every day between now and 4th of July.  We are so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends, but wow, I am tired at the end of each day!

As this first week of posting goes along I'll add more about the upcoming changes and day to day stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment