Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Long Distance Book Club

I read a lot.  There are very few things that make me as happy as curling up with a book I can get lost in. It is definitely as escape from reality.  I read a wide variety of book and this year I've read YA novels, historical fiction, romance novels, fantasy and have read a few books with Sarge.  These have been the biggest stretch and the one I'm reading now is the first non-fiction book of the year.

Our mini book club started with the Game of Thrones series and we've worked to continue it.  We don't often have the same taste in books but it's been fun.  I talked Sarge into reading the Hunger Games books and I've read a zombie book that he recommended.  (Nightmares have prompted me to say that I won't read another until he's home for me to wake up in the middle of the night as needed!)  I am currently reading American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle.  I never would have picked it out myself but I am enjoying.  I think I like that Chris has included small writings from his wife's perspective.  I like to think that the parts about reconnecting post-deployment are helping but I won't know that until it's actually happening.

What books would you recommend we read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment