Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday weekend

This was a fantastically busy weekend and though I know I should be rested and refreshed today I don't really feel that way.  I do feel somewhat refreshed.

Friday I went to see my girlfriends from HS.  It's always great to catch up with them.  It's amazing how even though we don't see each other often it's as though no time has passed when we get together.  Now there are kids and husbands, too so it's just a good time.  The little ones are too cute and there's another on the way.  So excited!!

Saturday I went to a baby shower in the afternoon for the wife of one of the soldiers in Anthony's unit.  I drove down with my friend Michelle (her husband is deployed also) so it was an Army wife event.  We had a good time, got a chance to catch up on life and families.

Yesterday  morning I went for a walk with two of our favorite people, Jon and Lee Evan.  Jon performed our wedding ceremony and they're just great.  Yesterday was made even better because they are finally closing on a house they've been trying to buy for months!!!  So, in two weeks I'm going to head over and join the painting crew in the new house.  The new place seems great, just decorated in 1982 with NO change since then.  Picture lots of mirrors, pink and mint green paint....lovely!  I'm so excited for them and can't wait to see how cute it will be when they're all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment