Thursday, March 8, 2012

Testing, testing!

Picture me in one of these cute little carrells
I spent today taking the first of my two administrative exams and I am fried.  It was a full day of testing and besides the testing being tough I don't know how people sit at a desk all day!  I think I did alright and now it's a waiting game until test results post at the end of the month.  I really hate the waiting game.

The SDL test is all about what is the best choice for hypothetical administrative situations where you are acting as a school district superintendant.  The multiple choice questions were starting to make my eyes blur by the 2 section of the test.  You know I'm at the end of my rope when I am looking forward to the essay sections.

I was most worried that I wasn't allowed to bring water (in the form of coffee) or anything in with me to help me stay alert or any way to take notes, etc.  Seriously, the test starts at 8am and I can't bring my coffee with me!?!  Turns out, they provide you with laminated sheets and wet erase markers to take notes.  Can I tell you how many times during the test I screwed up which direction I was slipping that spiral yellow laminated pad??  Insane.  Oh, and the pages were numbered. 

Needless to say, these were not easy but I think the 2nd half was more difficulty than the first.  So please, if you could just send some good karma my way it would be great.  I really want to have passed done well!

No comments:

Post a Comment