Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wine Night

The Olivers (my girls at work and I) have a fantastic ritual we call "Wine Night."  This week it got me through a week that felt interminable and sometimes just motivates me at the end of a long day.  Every couple of weeks we get together at someone's house for a couple glasses of wine, snacks and catching up on our lives.  There are 4 of us and because we teach different things in a large building and rarely have lunch periods together this is necessary.  It's one of my favorite things.  Even last night, when I was falling asleep on the couch, I got up and was excited about Wine Night.

I love our night together because it's a totally relaxed and free-form event.  There are nights we play on the Wii and act like kids.  Board games and card games come out.  Or, like last night, there is WAY too much catching up that we need to do.  There is nothing too private and there is no judgement.  My girls are the best.  They have been so supportive throughout Sarge's deployment and I told them tonight I that this needs to be lasting ritual.  It almost reminds me of how the girls from Sex in the City would get together to catch up...we're just different enough but have enough in common that sharing is always interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment