Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas baking

So, I've already make a holiday bark with cranberries, toasted hazelnuts and candied ginger in dark chocolate for tomorrow's tree decorating party at my mom's.  I made and sent Sarge a batch of mint chocolate cookies on Tuesday.  Last night I made the cupcakes and lemon curd for today's Lemon Meringue cupcakes. (I'll post pics later but if I don't post now I'll forget totally as I have most other days this week!)  I'll be taking 1 dozen to donate to a post-concert reception and the 2nd dozen to family Christmas party #1.  I have been a busy baker this past week!

Lemon butter cupcakes

Homemade Lemon Curd

Filled cupcakes

Swiss Meringue topping

Perfect!


This week I have to decide on and prep for the desserts I'm making for Christmas day.  I'm feeling the urge to try a Buche de Noel but am a little intimidated as well.  I've never done a "roll-up" and if it falls apart I won't have a back-up.  I have now watched a few online demos and read a large number of recipes...anyone have any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment