Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas! (Very Belated)

Christmas with my family was lovely as always.  We still do the PJ's on Christmas morning, only now it involves coffee and isn't as early.  We open gifts and then enjoy breakfast (yay for Marty's!)  Then it's cleaning, set-up and cooking for the party that afternoon.

The aunts, uncle and cousins came over in the afternoon for dinner, something I look forward to each year.  Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, gravy.....yummmm!!  We do a white elephant swap, all re-gifts.  This year I was the proud recipient of an electric plate warmer.  I think the box and warmer are almost as old as I am.  My uncle said he planned to give it as a wedding gift and changed his mind, haha!

The family also got to Skype with Sarge for a few minutes which was a big gift.  My mom came and sat with me and we all talked for about 15 minutes which was great.  I think they both really enjoyed reconnecting live.  I was crying afterwards and my brother-in-law came to give me a hug and told me that the day he comes home will be so wonderful and that he still remembers how great brother's homecoming was.  It was the perfect thing to hear and I knew he didn't expect me to stop crying either.

Tomorrow: catching up with Sarge's family upstate!

No comments:

Post a Comment