Monday, September 19, 2011

Care packages

My husband is almost more spoiled now that he's overseas that he was here.  His laundry is done for him, his food is prepared for him and he never has to do the dishes...maybe there is something to this Army thing! 

Now, I know he's making plenty of sacrifices over there and I'm only kidding about it.  The bags of gifts to be sent out in my living room certainly show how our family over here is supporting him.  My aunt, my parents and I have all picked up things to be sent overseas and the amount is fantastic! I have packed up 2 boxes to go out first thing tomorrow morning and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to send out 2 more at the end of the week.

I'm trying to spread them out; I know life gets monotonous for them and deliveries help break that up. So, I send out about a package a week.  Between those and daily e-mails I'm hoping to keep his spirits up and maybe even those around him.  I certainly hope he isn't eating all the oreo cookies alone!

The current challenge is finding new things to send...any suggestions?  We have sent cookies, beef jerky, sunflower seeds, magazines and a few other specific requests.  I need inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment