Saturday, September 3, 2011

More singing!

So, pretty much what I expected...my voice is out of shape.  Summer does that, I don't sing every day so I just lose it.  However, in the next few weeks I'll be right back up there again. 

Results are that I was offered a understudy position for the role of Antonia in The Tales of Hoffman.  I haven't done anything like this in  years and the time commitment isn't too great so I think I'm going to take it.  I am a little nervous because I haven't performed like this in YEARS but I want to do something fun and new.  I was singing yesterday and this morning and I forgot how much fun opera is.  I used to love to do this and I don't remember when or why I stopped but I am happy to be back.

"The only thing better than singing is more singing." 
            -Ella Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment