Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday, Monday

Today has been a full one, and it's only 3pm.  And, even in the summer, Mondays can be rough.
I woke up to a phone call from Sarge today telling me that he was leaving shortly.  Now, I've know this for a couple of days but it didn't stop me from losing it again.  I don't know why, but the tears hit and just kept coming until I left for my podiatrist appointment at 11.  And so yes, now the podiatrist thinks I'm a teary, red eyed, mess of a person.

So yes, my foot is indeed broken.  I have visited the 3rd doctor to tell me this.  Very anticlimactic but I have an even more lovely boot to wear now.  I will say, it's super ugly but WAY more comfortable than the crutches and little shoe were.  I can now walk independently which I proved by heading to the grocery store and then cooking.

Tonight's menu: zucchini munchies, grilled chicken breast, quinoa, and ratatouille.  Here are a couple of before photos, check back tomorrow for "after."  I got the recipe for the ratatouille here  It was absolutely inspired by the movie and my dad's amazing gardening.  (Read: TONS of zucchini)



No comments:

Post a Comment