Thursday, August 4, 2011

School and Sarge....almost there!

Loooong week but it's been a good one!  I finished and turned in a project Wednesday and am almost finished with the case study reviews I am turning in tomorrow morning.  At 1pm tomorrow I will have complete MA +60 credits and I SOOOO happy!  I bought myself a little something this week to celebrate, a 4 leaf clover charm for my Pandora bracelet.  I figure I'm going to need the luck going into this next year.

I have learned a LOT in this class about different leadership styles and personalities.  We have gotten to listen and talk to assistant principals, principals, assistant superintendents and superintendents.  My only disappointment was that none were from the county I work in, but if that's the worst I can say...that's pretty good.  I have learned that I am not sure any of those jobs are where I see myself.  I still think that I'd like to do music curriculum coordinator, department chair or something along those lines...if those jobs ever make it back into the school systems.  With the many recent cuts who knows what the administrative structures will look like?

I got a video from Sarge today.  It was so sweet and I'll admit that it made me cry.  It was great to see him and hear his voice.  I also love that he took a few minutes to send me something.  It's amazing how meaningful that is.

I get to see him 4 days!!!!  I have amazing friends who have already arranged my transportation to and from the airport...which considering how early my flights are is a true testament of love for us.  I know that I am so very lucky to have this support system here.  If you're reading this...dinner Sunday night will be at our house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment