Monday, October 3, 2011

Bathrobes are the best

Seriously, this was an amazing weekend away and the bathrobes were only a part of it.  So you don't get entire bored (because it would be REALLY long) I am doing the weekend recap in 2 or 3 parts, not entirely sure yet.  Today...spa treatments!

I had 2 treatments this weekend, a hot stone massage on Friday and a Lavender Relax wrap on Saturday.  They were both so, so, wonderful.  I was super excited about the hot stones and it was just what I wanted.  I was warm, relaxed and the stones really do help with getting out knots.  My shoulders and upper back are a challenge to any masseuse...for reasons I'm sure you can figure out.  I went in after a good hike (more on that tomorrow) and spent time in my robe in the relaxation room, reading, beforehand.  It was just a great first full day.

The body treatment was something I was nervous about.  I spent a long time in the relaxtion room before trying to just enjoy the whole experience.  It seems much more vulnerable than the massage for some reason but after about 2 minutes I totally didn't care.  The woman giving the treatment also stayed away from "sensitive" areas which made it easier.  I'm not sure if that was because I told her I was a little apprehensive but I will say that after the exfoliation, the shea butter and being wrapped up like a burrito I am hooked.  It's totally cozy and luxurious.

So...Canyon Ranch was indulgent and their bathrobes are amazing.  As are the towels in the rooms, which I would like the next time someone wants to get me an gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment