Monday, July 11, 2011

Back in NY

I am back in NY, alone.  I admit that walking in the door was not the best part of my day.  I cried quite a bit tonight but I know that each night will be less awful and steps towards having Sarge home again.

One the upside, I had the quickest drive home from DE that I have EVER had.  I made only one stop, which is miraculous and also hit virtually no traffic on the NJ Turnpike, another miracle.  It was nice and smooth, only 4.5 hours.

Now that I'm home I am trying to pick up a little and catch up on some DVRs.  I have been also crying.  Everything I put "away" makes it more real that Sarge is gone for the next year or so.  I also don't know what to do with some stuff which is frustrating.  Boots I know go in the closet, small black plastic items that may or may not be important....no clue?  So, they all go in a blue plastic tub that Sarge will have the pleasure of cleaning out upon his return, haha.

Tomorrow the deployment diet starts in earnest, plenty of fruits and veggies and limited dinners out!  I have eaten out almost every night in the last 3 weeks.  I tried to make better choices but sometimes I just succumbed to what looked delicious that night.  (Fried softshells at Fat Tuna!!)  I have an appointment with my trainer tomorrow also, so it should be a day that makes me feel good about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment