|Post Run Grossness|
It was awesome...and tough. I remembered some of the things I love about running on a Saturday morning.
1. It's 10am and I have the rest of the day to enjoy.
2. Running past houses where you can smell the pancakes they're making for breakfast....yummy!
3. Candy Man by Christina Aguilera. That song pumps me up like no other. That's Not My Name by the Ting Tings is another great one.
4. Other runners/walkers. There was a old man walking and he was making fun of how slow he was walking. We had a nice chat as I jogged past him. I want to be that old and still getting outside every day!
5. Random run-ins. I jogged past a garage sale on my way out and thought the woman running it was someone I knew but talked myself out of it because she doesn't live in Pearl River. Turns out, her mother-in-law does and she was helping out. We chatted for about 10 minutes at the end of my run. What a great ending, thought I was a little embarrassed by my sweaty gross self.
So...all in all a good morning. The hills were hard but I conquered most of them. Now to keep the running going. Maybe I need a goal race. Any suggestions or running buddies want to join in?