Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yay!!

Sarge called me on Sunday while I was having lunch at our favorite deli to tell me that he's getting a couple of days pass before they send the unit overseas!  I am so excited I can't even tell you.  I will fly to Texas for a quick visit but every hour traveling will be worth it.  The pics he's sent me are really pretty so I'm looking forward to seeing where he's been.  He also sent me a video of a tarantula in the laundry room...hoping to avoid those!  I won't be putting up many details here until I get back but YAY!!!  

Yesterday I was in class all day and then made dinner for two of my favorite people, Heather and Linda.  I did my version of chicken fajitas, brown rice and spicy black beans.  It's pretty healthy (if you can keep the portions under control) and REALLY yummy.  I used adobo light, lime juice, a splash of tequila and a little olive oil to marinade the chicken for a couple hours and then grilled them.  We did have sangria to go with our dinner and I poured some Cuarenta y Tres (43) as part of dessert.  It was decided it would be super over ice cream, a plan for another night!

Dinner was accompanied by Design Star.  We caught up on last week's episode and watched last night's too.  The graffiti episode was so much fun, I loved the Keith Haring room and the Airplane room.  I enjoyed the make-overs from last night too.  The basement that the one team turned into a family room was so great.  I loved the little bar/counter that they created between the support poles, making something ugly into something fun and functional.

Tonight....homework!  I am 32 and sitting home tonight and most of tomorrow to finish my final project for the PLC class I am taking.  I am going to be honest, I HATE this class.  Friday is the last meeting and I can't wait to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment