Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I forgot to post this yesterday....oops!

My living room floor has disappeared today!  It's covered in clothes, gear and packs in a variety of camouflage patterns.  Sarge is finishing up his packing, which means that everything he brought home 2 weeks ago is spread out and getting ready to be re-packed today.

I am packing myself, and doing laundry.  Not quite the last day together I envisioned but I think the "regular-ness" of the days chores is keeping me sane.  Yesterday the house was full up with 4 nephews, a niece, his mom and 2 of his sisters and a couple of friends stopping in.  I was exhausted last night when everyone finally headed out.  It was great to see them all and important but I am happy to have some time for just us.





Here are the cakes from Sarge's going away BBQ on Saturday.  Not too shabby...
Cheesecake, Carrot Cake and Banana Nut layers with Cream Cheese Frosting....all homemade

Yellow cake, chocolate filling and Wilton Buttercream.


It was a great day, lots of friends, co-workers and family.  It was many of the people who were at the wedding 2 months ago, another great party!
With my sisters and brother in law

No comments:

Post a Comment