Thursday, July 21, 2011

Best of Westchester

Last night I went to a great party/fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.  They were the charity of choice for this year's Best of Westchester party.  The location was out on the LI sound and despite being a traffic nightmare to get there, was beautiful.  The food was so yummy and there were plenty of free drinks, too.  Who doesn't love a free cocktail?
My sister enjoys free beer and bloody marys!

Highlights for me from last night's extravaganza were:
Pinapple juice, vodka and red pepper cocktail...I think she said it was from the Radisson?
Emma's Ale House: Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding
Little Kabob Station: Samosa...I have no idea what it was actually called but the chickpeas, spices, sauce, were my favorite bite from the night!

All my freebies!
I was at the party with my parents and then my sisters and had a great time.  The party is set up where all the restaurants and venues have booths.  There are little samples at most tables, more than I could eat!   There was a large section of just desserts, I had a pistachio gelato that was really yummy but it was served on a roll which I had never seen before.  Yes, ice cream on a bun.  Anyone have insight on that for me?  Is it just easier than a dish or cone?

No comments:

Post a Comment