Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Work

My gym bag is packed, the coffee was brewed when I got up (love the timer!) and I'm getting ready to head back to school this morning.  The warm weather disappeared overnight and the high today is supposed to be 25 instead of the 50-60 it was the last few days.  I just want to stay in, snuggled up on the couch with Hazel.  Instead, I am getting dressed and heading out to work.  It's 1 week to the concert so I am in overdrive all week.


I woke up almost an hour before my alarm today, though I didn't get out of bed.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I call it my Sunday night sleep, because I rarely get a good night's sleep on Sunday.  I can't turn off my brain and I start to think about all the things I should have done and all the things I still have to do.  I did everything I could last night to outwit this.  I set out my clothes, put together a lunch, even washed and dried my hair so I only have to touch it up this morning. It used to be falling asleep that was the problem, now it's more that staying asleep is.  Is this just getting older?

No comments:

Post a Comment