When I moved in with Sarge about a year and a half ago we had to put stuff in the previously unused attic. Currently we have two of many things and too many things altogether. However, we found a bread machine in the attic most likely from the previous owner. It was in it's original box with the directions, etc. so I decided to use my day off to play with it!
Today's experiment, and hopefully the first of a few successes, is a wheat bread. I chose a combination of wheat and white flours because I didn't want it to be too dense. I had to play with the water/dry ingredients to get the consistency right for the dough in the "first mix" but I think I got it. As I type it's rising and smells pretty good.
Here's the end result...very yummy! The pictures I tried to take all came out poorly but it tasted very good. Not too dense and enough wheat to make it a little healthier. I don't know that I'll use it again while I'm by myself but I think when there are two of us again I'll start using the bread machine more often. Too easy!