Sunday, January 22, 2012

Delicious Experiment

This week I bought kale at the farm stand near the condo.  I had visions of recreating a greens side-dish I'd had a couple of weeks ago.  They were sauteed in oil with garlic, maybe some lemon and who knows what else.  They were amazing.  However, probably not so healthy.

We got 6-8 inches of snow overnight in Saturday so I spent my morning vegging out on the couch with coffee and trying to think of how to cook up what I already had here.  The recipe experiment I settled on was Kale Chips.  After reading quite a few variations, I decided to go simple.  They are AMAZING!!  Not to mention super-easy and healthy.  These little chips are light and crispy, with just enough "green" flavor.  I think they'd be really good on a cheese plate  or as a garnish but I am eating them as lunch with a slice of toast topped with light laughing cow cheese. I have to find a way to incorporate this into my regular cooking routine.
Yummy lunch!
Here's what I did!

1 Bunch Kale
Olive oil
Kosher salt

Wash and dry the kale, I used a salad spinner.  Cut off the stems and ribs and tear the leaves into pieces.  Mine ended up all sorts of sizes, maybe 2-3 inches for most.

Toss with about a tablespoon of oil and kosher salt to taste.  (I like a little, if I were sharing with Sarge he would want more!)

Bake in 350 degree for about 12 minutes, until nice and crisp but not burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment